Hello there my girls,
As you’ve probably seen I have traveled a lot this summer and I mean A LOT. As I write this, I am getting ready for my next getaway to a destination that is close to my heart – the place where I turned 22 last year!
Now, as I’m used to packing and figuring out exactly what I need before I get there, I thought to put together my summer essentials.
1. The Summer Dress – Dresses won my heart this season and I’m loving the idea! Not that I’ve discovered the wheel or anything, but they are so easy to wear. Why didn’t I get into them earlier?! Because I did not know how to mix them to fit my personality: if I wear a dress, I will wear it with boots or striped sandals. This Embroided Striped Zara Dress is just perfect for me. I find this style trés chic, but you can choose any dress that makes you feel happy & free.
2. Colourful Bag – I’ve had this Ralph Lauren bag since last Autumn, but I haven’t brought it out my closet that much. Now, I’m in love with it – even more than I did when I first got it. Strange right? I feel that a colour bag is amazing for summer – it gives me energy and adds on to my mood when I’m not feeling that positive.
3. Straw Hat – This comes as a necessity rather than just an accessory. You need to wear a hat during these sunny days, especially if you’re travelling to a hot country. Believe me, this H&M Straw Hat saved me from many headaches and heat strokes.
4. Sandals – Probably, the best trend of all summers: lace sandals! Girl, these Zara ones are so sexy (you can tie them around your leg)! Needless to say, you’re probably wearing sandals in summer and you’d be better with these low heeled ones if you live in a big city or travel around!
5. Thermal Spring Water – One of my must haves for the season is a thermal spring water face spray! I mean, it’s so refreshing and keeps my skin hydrated. Check out this one by La Roche-Posay.
Have you seen my tips on the most Instagramable outfits for this summer?
Until next time,
The whole purpose of this post is to guide you through packing with those beautiful places you’ll see in mind. Going to Rome? Then you will look amazing in a long white dress next to Fontana Di Trevi. Packing up for Barcelona? That short blue dress would fit right in on Barceloneta Beach. I think you absolutely get what I’m on about here. I will show you an actual example of when I packed for going to Palermo and the Sicilian coast. So, let’s pack and imagine you in that exact scenery.
Start by placing your clothes on your bed in categories (as below)
Think about the colours of the places you’ll see. In my case, I’ve known I will be around the city, so my background would be sandy yellow, orange and white, but also I would spend a lot of time on the beach too. So, I made sure to pack items that won’t get lost in the background. Once you picked out your colour palette for the place, now it’s time to think about how you want your pictures to look like.
Pick items that go well in different combinations
Once you decide on your colour palette, think about creating outfit combinations or pack things that go well together. For example these H&M shorts and the long Zara pants below them can be mixed with different tops. Your look can be casual or sexy depending on what you’re after in that moment. You can see more examples of how I chose to wear them in my previous post Get the Holiday Look: Sicily Spring/Summer Lookbook 2018.
You need at least a one-piece item
What do I mean by that? Having a dress or a jumpsuit would be just perfect! You don’t have to worry about mixing and matching and you’ll be sure you have two outfits to put on and look amazing without the whole fuss. Let’s not mention how cool they look in on the Gram! Example of how I worn the dress:
Pack your shoes wisely
I say wisely because you need comfy shoes that also look amazing! I would go for lace sandals and ribbon trainers – super girly and special! Ah, and don’t forget these perfect wedges – they are my definition of perfect high-heels – they will make any outfit even better.
And that’s how I styled what I packed for this 5 day trip on my birthday weekend. Super easy & light luggage as well. You can always follow me on Instagram for more outfit shots at @missandradavonc.
Best of luck with your packing and have a wonderful time wherever you might travel!
For any questions on packing and choosing outfits, please leave a comment below, I would be super happy to talk to you 🙂